Green tea has carved a niche for itself in the fitness world. It seems to have got most of the limelight as far as weight loss and upkeep of good health is concerned. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which make it quiet enticing! However, in the recent years another beverage has attracted much attention as a healthy weight loss enhancing beverage and the beverage is green coffee. It is believed to be really effective in treating heart diseases and diabetes along with causing weight loss.
Green coffee refers coffee beans that haven’t been roasted yet. On being roasted, the coffee beans lose chlorogenic acid that is present it. Chlorogenic acid helps the body in handling blood sugar and metabolism. Green coffee beans are not roasted and that is why have much higher levels of chlorogenic acid that helps burn fat and lowers blood pressure. You can either brew the coffee and drink it up or take it in the form of a capsule.
What it does?
According to studies consuming 80-200 mg of green coffee everyday can help the body in losing lots of weight in a period of 12 weeks.
- Green coffee restricts the absorption of foods containing high glucose.
- It works as a catalyst in the oxidation of fat.
- It helps the release of fatty acids
- It improves metabolism
- It stimulates the absorption of fat in the liver.
Green tea is made from the leaves, stem and bud of the plant ‘Camellia sinensis’. It is most often taken as a beverage but is also available in the form of a supplement. It isn’t fermented like many teas, it is instaedmade by steaming fresh leaves at high temperatures. The steaming process enhances the polyphenols in it. Polyphenols present in green tea help in preventing inflammation and swelling in the body. It also has 2-4 percent of caffeine that makes it effective in boosting metabolism and stimulating the nervous system, the heart and muscles by the release of neurotransmitters.
What it does?
- Studies say that green tea effectively prevents breast cancer, colon cancer, diabetes, heart disease and leukemia.
- It is high in antioxidants and help in preventing the premature aging of skin.
- It is rich in the antioxidant polyphenol, which breaks down the fat and increases energy in the body.
- It improves mental clarity and alertness.
- Lowers blood pressure.